Sunday, November 27, 2011

Python Storm Lord V2 by Pop Prolific


"The top of the helmet and the Samurai Armors are all hand made resin castes that I produced in my studio. The black head decoration on the helmet is an original laser cut design. The face is a Tomy At-At Pilot helmet that I repurposed for this project. The "square-mail" is from this awesome plastic trim that I found and altered. Each square was sewn onto the Python fabric Skirt.

"I wanted the original commissioned piece to remain unique. After researching Samurai uniforms, I went with different details that still maintained a look of a traditional Samurai fused with the Stormtrooper look. There's so many Japanese inspired looks in the Star Wars universe that it wasn't difficult to mix it up. This guy has Clone chest armor (instead of the Stormtrooper armor on the previous piece) and recasted resin Anakin Skywalker Boots. He also sports some more armor on his helmet that layers over the arm armor.... this guy has way more protection against projectiles."

By Justin Alan Volpe

No comments:

Post a Comment