Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Got Ink?


Onitsuka Tiger

"It might be abit itchy, sometimes abit painful but nothing unbearable." These were the words from my Tattoo artist (Su) that I'll always remember because none of it was true.

Finally got inked! I wouldn't say it's been something I wanted to do since I was still teething like Alexia (yes, I'm exaggerating a little). But it is something that I would like to have as some form of motivation (I can no longer put on weight unless I don't mind getting laughed at).

But never have I imagined it hurt that much!

(Warning! I'll sound like a wuss if you continue reading)

Alexia said "it feels like ant bites." Well that's true if they were fire ants and they were out to chew you to death! You remember when the nurse pokes the needle into your arm to draw blood? Imagine the same thing but a nurse on steroids...

"The most common method of tattooing in modern times is the electric tattoo machine, which inserts ink into the skin via a group of needles that are soldered onto a bar, which is attached to an oscillating unit. The unit rapidly and repeatedly drives the needles in and out of the skin, usually 80 to 150 times a second."

So I just lied there and kept asking what the heck I was doing while Su tattooed away.

Then she said "Okay, we're almost there..."

"The hind legs and the tail are done."



WHAT THE .........

I had thought my pain management has always been pretty good but this was Hell on earth...

"Would you like to take a break?"

"No please carry on." A.K.A Just get it over and done with!

And when she finally said "Okay, it's finished!" after a good 30 mins, my body was trembling beyond my control. Felt like my whole body was protesting to what I had just put it through and I just lied there for a minute for my soul to return.

I'm actually very pleased with the end result but it'll be a few days of maintaining, continuous moisturising and healing before I can see the final stage.

Limped my way home with bouts of aftershocks which lasted for another hour or so...

Sigh... why do we always pay to torture ourselves =)

Final product: (Photo to upload after peeling)

No comments:

Post a Comment